Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Introduction

          Greetings and salutations! My name is Jeremy I am starting this blog primarily for my EH 101 class for spring 2013. I do not know yet if I intend on keeping track of it after this semester. So if you like this blog and I suddenly stop posting, I apologize in advance.

        In this blog I will be covering many different religions around the world, to give you a better understanding of what other cultures believe. In most societies religion in the driving force, despite efforts to keep religion and government separate. Most devout believers refuse to accept that their "god" has no actual place in politics. In many countries it is illegal not follow the national religion, even punishable by imprisonment of in some cases death. Most people won't look outside of their own theology to try and expand their mind. Most parents show their children to be the same way, they raise their child to believe blindly in their own god/gods while condemning all others as lies or "of the devil." Because of this with each passing generation we as a people get more and more divided. As this happens believers become more ingrained in their beliefs and are more likely to defend their religion in radical ways. This has been the cause of countless wars and genocides over the course of human history. I feel that if everyone had enough respect to simply learn about other beliefs and cultures we would all live on a much more pleasant planet. I hope that this blog helps just a few people to open their mind, and think for themselves. instead of blindly following the (usually outdated) teachings of our parents or grandparents.



No comments:

Post a Comment